When you actually hire the services of a personal injury attorney, you should consider their working style. It would be imperative that you inquire about how they would handle the case. Rockford Auto Accident Lawyer would help you understand the essential aspects to consider when dealing with your personal injury case.
Essential initial steps and tips
The initial steps to be taken prior to sending a demand letter to the insurance company of the party at fault would be as follows.
- You should click photos of the damaged property, the injuries suffered, and the accident scene.
- It is essential to acquire a copy of the police report in the event of a car accident case.
- Seek appropriate medical treatment at the earliest.
- You should make use of personal injury protection insurance, if any, to pay the bills initially before making use of health insurance.
- Get all copies of bills and records.
- Never give a recorded statement to the insurance company of the other party.
- Ensure that you understand the time limits for filing the claim.
- Do not share accident details on social media.
You should be prudent to handle your injury claim and avoid anything that would hamper your chances of receiving a satisfactory compensation amount.
How to estimate your damages
Available websites would help you file the personal injury claim with qualified and competent injury attorneys at your behest. You should rest assured that the attorney would be conversant of the tricks and tips to handling the insurance company or defense lawyers of the party at fault. In order to get an estimate of your damages, they would advise you to:
- Determine damages capable of precise calculation, and
- Determine damages not capable of precise calculation.
These would be the special damages and the general damages respectively that need to be estimated before sending a demand letter to the insurance company of the party at fault.