KMAT or Kerala Management Admission Test is a state-level examination that is conducted twice each year for admission of students to the management institutes in the state. KMAT Keralais conducted by the Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS) under the supervision of the Admission Supervisory Committee.
While the first round of KMAT Kerala examwas conducted on 1st December 2020, the second round is scheduled to be conducted on 17th May 2020. The online registrations for this cycle are said to have begun on 1st February 2020.
KMAT Kerala- Importance of the exam
As mentioned earlier, KMAT Kerala exam is necessary for students who wish to pursue an MBA from management institutes in Kerala. The KMAT exam comprises of English language, Quantitative Aptitude, Data sufficiency and logical reasoning, and GK and Contemporary Business Scenarios.
The exam is conducted offline and comprises 180 MCQs, each carrying four marks. The candidates must score the cut-off marks for the year or anything more than to be considered for the subsequent GD/PI rounds, eventually leading to their selection to one of the MBA courses.
Eligibility for KMAT Kerala Exam
In order to give the KMAT Kerala exam, all candidates need to fulfil the minimum eligibility requirement:
- Candidates must have completed graduation with minimum 3-years from a recognized state or national university
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks in their graduation(for General category) or 40% marks(for Reserved category)
- Candidates who are in their final year of graduation are also eligible to apply for the KMAT exam
- There isn’t an upper or a lower limit for appearing for the KMAT examination
If the candidates fulfil the minimum eligibility requirement of the examination, they must be well aware of the important dates for KAMT Kerala.
|Availability of Application Forms(Second Cycle)||First Half of February 2020|
|Admit Card Release||Early May 2020(Tentative)|
|Exam Date||17th May 2020|
|Declaration of KMAT exam Result||June 2020|
|Release of KMAT Kerala Exam Score Card||July 2020|
KMAT Kerala Admission Process
In order to give the KMAT Kerala exam, the candidates must fill the application form.
- The candidates must visit the official website of KMAT Kerala at kmatkerala.in
- On the page, click on the ‘new registration’ tab.
- A new page opens that requires the candidate to fill in his/her personal details such as Name, Date of Birth, Gender, and Category and Email address.
- Click on ‘submit’.
- An application number and password will be generated for the candidate.
- The candidate can use this application number and the password to log in.
- Once the candidate logs in, the application form opens,
- Candidate needs to fill in all the required details in the application form.
- Once completed, click on ‘save and continue’.
- The payment page opens, and the candidate needs to pay the application fee of INR 1000(for general category) and INR 750(for reserved category).
- Once the payment has been made, the candidate must upload a scanned passport-size photograph and digital signature and click on ‘submit’.
- The next page allows the candidate to choose his/her exam centre and complete verification of all the details entered by him/her in the application form before final submission.
Once the forms have been submitted, the candidates can focus on preparing for the KMAT Kerala exam that can act as the doorway for the candidates to enrol for an MBA programme.
Check the detailed information about KMAT Kerala examat https://www.shiksha.com/university/kerala-university-ku/kmat-kerala-exam